Christianity in C.S.Lewis’ Work "The Chronicles of Narnia"
|1.||SOCIO-HISTORICAL ASPECT OF THE 20TH CENTURY|
|2.||BIOGRAPHY OF C. S. LEWIS|
|2.1.||Literary works by Clive Staples Lewis|
|3.||CHRISTIANITY, ITS ESSENCE AND HISTORY|
|3.1.||Definition and Basic Information|
|3.1.1.||Branches of Christianity|
|3.2.||Background and Socio-historical Conditions|
|3.3.||Development and Spread of Christianity|
|3.4.||Christianity in the 20th Century|
|3.5.||The Christian Doctrines|
|4.||ASLAN AS JESUS|
|5.||OTHER BIBLICAL ALLUSIONS IN “THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA”|
|5.1.||Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve|
|5.2.||The White Witch as the Representation of Satan|
|5.3.||Parallels between Judas and Edmund|
|5.4.||Narnia as the Garden of Eden|
|5.5.||The First People of Narnia|
The theme of the present paper is “Christianity in C. S. Lewis’ Work “The Chronicles of Narnia”. The reasons for writing a paper on this topic are numerous. The works of Clive Staples Lewis have been enjoyed by a wide audience - primarily children, but adults love it too. C. S. Lewis was one of the most significant fantasy authors of the 20th century, and also a great and honourable theological writer. Currently, certain works of Lewis are in the centre of attention owing to the large-scale screening, which was the cause of the new wave of the popularity of such works as “The Chronicles of Narnia”. One more reason for writing this paper is the importance of the genre of a fantasy novel in modern literature.
The recent interest in “The Chronicles of Narnia” as in a fantasy novel for children led to the deep investigations of the books as of the works containing hidden theological ideas, which cannot be noticed if one is not acquainted with the investigations devoted to the representation of Christian motifs in the Narnian Chronicles.
Therefore, the aim of the paper is:
• to find out explanations why Lewis wrote a series of books for children in a theological way and to examine the features of Christianity represented in the first three books of the Narnian series: “The Magician’s Nephew”, “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” and “The Horse and His Boy”.
• study and analysis of literature on the subject;
• observation and study of literature about the main points of the history of Christianity and its basic doctrines and teachings;
• examination of the biography of C. S. Lewis.…
- Christianity in C.S.Lewis’ Work "The Chronicles of Narnia"
- Style of Small Talk
- The Challenge of Communicating Christ’s Post-aAscension Ministry in a Culturally Sensitive way to a Postmodern Latvian Society in 21st Century
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: