Pievienot darbus Atzīmētie0
Darbs ir veiksmīgi atzīmēts!

Atzīmētie darbi


Skatītie darbi

Darbs ir sekmīgi pievienots grozam!



interneta bibliotēka
Atlants.lv bibliotēka
4,49 € Ielikt grozā
Gribi lētāk?
Publicēts: 08.12.2006.
Valoda: Angļu
Līmenis: Augstskolas
Literatūras saraksts: 7 vienības
Atsauces: Nav
Darba fragmentsAizvērt

Milk contains proteins, carbohydrates (such as sugars), fats, minerals, and vitamins. Casein is the principal protein in cow's milk, accounting for about 80% of the total milk proteins. Casein is what makes up the curd that forms when milk is left to sour. The remaining 20% of cow's milk proteins are contained in the whey, the watery part that's left after the curd is removed.
Milk allergy usually first occurs when infants are given cow's milk-based formula or are exposed to cow's milk in the mother's diet through her breast milk. Between 2% and 3% of babies and toddlers are affected by milk allergy.
The proteins in milk are what cause allergic reactions in some people. A person may be allergic to proteins in either the casein or the whey parts of milk and sometimes even to both.
There are two major types of milk allergy reactions: rapid onset and slower onset. The rapid type of reaction comes on suddenly (within seconds to hours after ingesting the milk or milk product) with symptoms that can include wheezing, vomiting, hives, angioedema (fluid collection in body tissues that causes swelling), and anaphylaxis (a sudden and severe whole body reaction).
The slower-onset reaction is the more common type. Symptoms develop over a period of hours to days after ingesting the milk and may include loose stools (possibly containing blood), vomiting, fussiness or irritability, and failure to gain weight and grow normally. This type of reaction is more difficult to diagnose because the same symptoms may occur with conditions other than allergy. Most kids will outgrow milk allergy by 2 to 3 years of age.
People often confuse a milk allergy with lactose intolerance, but they are not the same thing. The signs and symptoms of a milk allergy usually appear in early infancy; lactose intolerance is very rare in the first years of life.
Milk allergy can affect the digestive system as well as other systems in the body, such as skin and airways; lactose intolerance affects digestion only, causing bloating, gas, or loose bowel movements after drinking milk or eating dairy products.
In rare cases, milk allergy can be life-threatening; lactose intolerance is not life-threatening, and people with lactose intolerance can often consume small amounts of milk without experiencing any symptoms.
Excessive fussiness or irritability crimpy abdominal pain, vomiting, or diarrhea spots or streaks of blood or mucus in stools skin rash recurrent wheezing, cough, stuffy or runny nose, colds, or sinusitis these are most common signs and symptoms when you have milk allergy. When peoples who are allergic to milk drink it or eat something made with milk or milk products, they could have any of the following symptoms. But these symptoms may also occur with many other illnesses, so you should check with your doctor to confirm or rule out a milk allergy. …

Autora komentārsAtvērt
Parādīt vairāk līdzīgos ...


Izvēlies autorizēšanās veidu

E-pasts + parole

E-pasts + parole

Norādīta nepareiza e-pasta adrese vai parole!

Aizmirsi paroli?


Neesi reģistrējies?

Reģistrējies un saņem bez maksas!

Lai saņemtu bezmaksas darbus no Atlants.lv, ir nepieciešams reģistrēties. Tas ir vienkārši un aizņems vien dažas sekundes.

Ja Tu jau esi reģistrējies, vari vienkārši un varēsi saņemt bezmaksas darbus.

Atcelt Reģistrēties