* In the 1930's nuclear energy became a serious possibility.
* 1932 - Discovery of the neutron.
* No change, ergo, can probe nucleus.
* Hahn and Strassmann fired neutrons at U nucleus.
* Lise Meitner and Otto Frisch interpreted this:
Neutrons caused splitting of U into smaller nuclei
* Fission had occurred.
* Potent source of energy!
* Energy from
* In more complete form, Einstein showed that at relativistic speeds we cannot use k=(0.5)mv2 .
* Remember from special relativity, that as speed increases, mass increases!
* ie. …
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: