Must See in Jelgava
Today in Latvia who studied agriculture, crop learns his lessons in feudal atmosphere: In the Baroque castle resides Jelgava State Agricultural Academy. It was built for Ernst Johann Biron, a lover of Empress Anna Ivanovna.
Conrad von Mandern started to built Order's Castle between Lielupe and Driksa Rivers in 1265. Building was finished around 1328-1340. Castle was convent type building with towers on corners and ringwall. At the time of Duke Gothard Ketler the castle was enwided and the new church was added. Old land fortification system was completed with connected moats and bulwarks in 1648. Old Mediaeval castle could not meet the needs of new Duke Ernst Johan Bieron so it was blasted commanding the building of new palace in 1737. By the time of construction operations between Lielupe River and new palace in 1997 the preserved parts of Mediaeval structures were discovered including details of 17th century entrance portal that now can be viewed in yard of new palace. Some parts of old castle and cannons were included in cellar walls of new building. …
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: