The Empires of Asia
Empires of Asia
Section 1: Muslim Empires
- The Ottoman Empire lasted from about 1300 to 1922. The Ottomans were named after Osman I, a Turkish chieftain who founded a state in Anatolia, now Turkey, in the late 1200's.
- The Ottomans claimed to be the champions of Sunni Islam. In 1453, Sultan Mehmet II conquered Constantinople, the capital of the Byzantine Empire.
- The city, now called Istanbul, became the capital of the Ottoman Empire.
- By 1600, the Ottoman Empire formed a crescent around the Mediterranean extending from Hungary in eastern Europe through Palestine and Egypt to Algeria…
- Sea Routes to Asia
- The Empires of Asia
- The Exploration and Empires to America from foreign countries.
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: