"Outline of Physics" Book I, Chapter 1, Including Section Review Questions
The Topics of Physics.
-Physics is simply the study of the physical world.
- Goal of physics is to use a small number of basic concepts, equations, and assumptions to describe the physical world.
Physics is Everywhere:
Areas within Physics (Name / Subjects / Examples)
- Mechanics - Motion and its causes - Falling Objects, Friction, Weight, Spinning Objects
- Thermodynamics - Heat and temperature - Melting and freezing processes, engines, refrigerators
- Vibrations and Wave Phenomena - Specific types of repetitive motions - Springs, pendulums, sound
- Optics - light - Mirrors, lenses, color, astronomy
- Electromagnetism - electricity, magnetism, and light - Electrical charge, circuitry, permanent magnets, electromagnets
- Relativity - Particles moving at any speed, including very high speeds - particle collisions, particle accelerators, nuclear energy
- Quantum mechanics - behavior of submicroscopic particles - the atom and its parts
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: