Group Dynamics and Team Building
Implementation of participative management for consensus decisions can be illustrated as:
1) Goals and objectives of the next year are decided on the basis of consensus of company officers and division manager.
2) For any new project like opening a terminal; the decision manager, vice-president of sales, V.P. Operations, President and Chairman of the Board are involved in the decision making.
3) For selecting a new branch manager; Regional Manager, Division Manager, VP Sales and Operations and the president.
4) Regional Manager, Salesman, Office Manager and city dispatcher are involved in deciding the establishing or terminating an agreement.
The company always tries to minimize decision time. If a consensus cannot be reached by a group, than they should forego a decision at that time. The action is deferred so that the subsequent events will make a consensus decision easier to achieve. But there are situations in which hasty decisions made without consensus have proven unprofitable e.g. in operating changes, terminal openings or closings, personal changes and promotions, and general policy matters.
Yellow Freight System keep in mind that when a group is made involving all the related to the problem, all must have a say in the decision and they should also agree to the course of action taken.
Therefore, with rapid rates of change and increasing growth, decisions made by consensus become very important.
- Business Management
Explain the Functions of Human Resource Management
- Group Dynamics and Team Building
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: