Fire in Our House
At 2:00 A.M. on Tuesday morning, I was awakened by an uneasiness that was being caused by the hot temperature in the room. Sweating, I thought, "Am I sick?" Beside me slept Cheyenne and below me slept my noiseless, drowsy brother on the lower stage of the bunk bed. The room was lightly lit. I assumed the lamp next to my head that had been covered with a thin blanket to dim the light was causing the glow. I began to stir, and rolled over in discomfort. I realized it wasn't the hot temperature that was bothering me so much as the toxic smell of plastic burning. …
- Brave New World, Aldous Huxley, Chando and Wittus, 1964 (originally published in 1932), 213 pp.
- Fire in Our House
- The Journey of Odysseus
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: