1. Anaximenes postulates air as the archê. This may seem to be a throwback to Thales, a step backward after Anaximander; but I will argue that is is not.
2. Anaximenes is offering a new world view:
1. Anaximander thought of the basic stuffs and qualities of the world as opposites in conflict.
2. Anaximenes had a different conception: the basic stuffs and qualities are not opposed, but different stages of a continuum.
3. Rarefaction and Condensation:
Read the fragments in Plutarch (21 = B1), Simplicius (16 = A5), and Hippolytus (18 = A7). This is the basic picture:
Fire AIR Win…
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: