Henry Tam and MGI Team
5. At the end of the case, what actions could Henry have taken to increase the team's effectiveness?
At the end Henry could take the following steps o increase the teams effectiveness:
- After the failure of the second meeting Henry should have played the role of a mediator. He should have intervened and brought about some order, control and sequence in the. He should have properly organized the meetings, instead of letting it flow in every direction.
Henry should himself act as the "informal" leader while making Sasha feel important for his ideas and experience, which he actually is. Sasha may be a difficult person to work with but he is the key player. The team cannot work without him, the spirit will die and all in conflict with him must understand that the success of the project is closest to heart of Sasha. However his over fears can be diluted by the intellectual discussions that are carried out. Therefore Henry should "lead Smartly" using his Personal Power and charms and not by coercive power.
- Henry should try to build a vision.
- Henry should himself understand and make Dana understand also that their success is only a subset of the success of the team. The main commitment hence should be to getting the right marketing plan and not to writing the business plan for Harvard.
- Henry should have personally discussed with Sasha, his perception of team members being manipulated to get access to different markets to avoid any misunderstanding and also the need of each member in team.
- American Medical Association
- Basic Essay on Computers from PC to Mainframe with Case Study on Networking
- Henry Tam and MGI Team
E-pasta adrese, uz kuru nosūtīt darba saiti:
Saite uz darbu: